Professional AC Repair in Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville
Do you think your AC may need repair?
In the Hamilton, Burlington and Oakville areas our air conditioners often sit through a long fall and winter before we turn them back on in the spring. That’s a long time, especially if your AC is beginning to develop any problems.
Whether you think you need AC repair or simply want to schedule seasonal AC maintenance, Lancaster Heating and Cooling is here for you.
How do you know when your air conditioner needs repair?
If your AC completely stops working, you know you need repair. At home or at work, there are also subtle signs that you may need AC service:
- Odd noises. All HVAC units make sounds when they run. However, if you notice clanking, whirring, buzzing, or other noises, it’s usually a sign of a mechanical problem. Schedule an air conditioner repair before your air conditioner stops working.
- Loss of pressure. The air from your vents should be noticeable when your system is running. If you cannot feel the air, you may have a ventilation problem. You want to get that fixed because HVAC systems may push warm and cool air with the same system.
- Warm, wet air. The air coming from your vents should be at least 20 degrees colder than the outdoor air temperature. If it’s not, your system may have a freon leak or a failing compressor. A variety of issues can result in very little air coming from ducts. If your heater or furnace uses the same duct as your air conditioning system, performance and efficiency will be affected across all systems.
- Water where it shouldn’t be. Your HVAC system should drain through a hose into the pipe. The drain pan should not be full and your overflow drain, if you have one, should not have moisture. If you see water where it should not be, you could have a clog. In high temperatures when shutting off the system is not reasonable; this counts as an emergency AC repair because running a clogged system could lead to a flood.
- Strange smells. If your air smells funny, it could be a serious problem. Moldy smells could signal mold in the unit, which is a health hazard. Burning smells could signal a potential fire hazard. Either way, call for emergency air conditioner repair, and our dispatcher will advise you if you need to shut off the system.
Keep Comfortable with Lancaster Heating and Cooling
An authorized Carrier and Trane dealer, Lancaster services, replaces and repairs all major brands of air conditioners. Give us a call today at 905 388-3333 to discuss your AC needs.